Monday 31 March 2014

Lush Skincare Review: #1

 

Recently Lush Cambridge where looking for some bloggers to test out some of their skincare line, I thought this would be such a good experience because I don't really tend to 'float' near the skincare range in my local Lush store, I normally rush to the more 'existing' items that attract a lot of attention like the big, bright and bold bath bombs and ballistics. When I was younger I used to think that skincare items where boring and only adults used them. Well I was wrong. Lush play a whole different ball game.

I am going to split this review in two halls because there are quite a lot of products to get through. So get a snack and quickly make a cup of tea because I am going crazy for skincare.

1. Let The Goodtimes Roll Facial Cleanser (100g £6.35/250g £15.87) 
I'm going to start this review off by reviewing my favourite product I got to try. Let the Goodtimes roll is a fresh face cleanser that smells good enough to eat. Cinnamon, corn oil, maize and polenta give you that heaven like lift in the morning. This product was originally part of the limited edition line for Christmas but because everyone loved the product so much they have made it part of the everyday selection of Lush. And now I can see why. You mix a tiny part of the cleanser with a drop of water to create a paste-like consistency and just scrub your face with it, and then wash it off and pat your face dry with a towel. Simple. This is one of the only cleansers I use that makes my skin soft for the whole day! Amazing right? One of the touches that I love the most is that there are sprinkles of popcorn pieces in the product. Bliss in a tub, I'm stocking up!
My honest rating of this product would be: 5/5. Why haven't I found this product before?


                                       
2. Full Of Grace Facial Serum (20g £8.25) 
I can see why Lush named this product 'Full Of Grace' because the scent is delicate and graceful. With scents ranging from chamomile to help relax and Portobello mushrooms to make your skin look and feel radiant. I found this product really interesting to see that instead of a facial serum to be in a liquid form it's in a bar. I really prefer the product to be in a bar because it's effortless, all you do is get the bar and rub it in-between the palms of your hands and just directly apply it onto your face evenly. You can either use this before a facemask or use as a night cream to nourish and moisturize     your skin. Amazonian butters help to soften your skin whilst rose oils help calm your skin. So many beneficial ingredients, but there all natural.
 My honest rating of this product would be 4/5. Easily, natural and beneficial.

    


3. Skin Drink Moisturiser (45g £11.95) 
This moisturiser is a rich cream that is surprisingly light. The aim of this product is to hydrate and nourish your skin. Which it does, very well. Packed full with avocado, aloe vera, rose and orange fragrances to keep your skin soft. You apply Skin Drink like any other moisturiser, directly onto your face. I love this moisturiser because it is simple but all the right things are in this product to give you the best results for you skin .
My honest rating of this product would be 4/5. It does exactly what it says on the tub!





4. Ultrabland Cleanser (45g £6.95/100g £10. 95) 
Ultrabland is ultra rich. This product has a special place in my heart because it is so simple to use. It gets rid of any trace of makeup or dirt that you have put your face through day after day. Almond oil, rose water, beeswax and honey makes this product so simple but yet so effective. Just smooth all over your face, wait and let the magic work, and then wipe off with a cloth and your ready to go! I love this effortless product.
My honest review of this product would be 4/5. Easy and effortless.



                                   


There was my first part of my Lush skincare review, look out for my next part coming out in a couple of days!

Thanks x

Bethany Howe x

No comments:

Post a Comment