Wednesday 2 April 2014

10 Steps: Waking Up

Before I start if you are new to my blogs I have created another blog post in the 10 step series which is 10 steps: Winding Down. Now that's out of the way, Wake Up! Follow these ten steps to achieve not being late!

1. Set your alarm just before you go to bed, I know you perhaps feel to tired at night but do it. I have made the same mistake of not doing that. It didn't end well.

2. This links in with the first step but don't, whatever you do just don't ignore your alarm! One minute you look at your clock and it says 6.40AM then in a matter of seconds time flys and it says 7.20AM. Even though your bed is warm you have to resist the temptation.

3. Give yourself a couple of minutes to wake up. If you hear your alarm going off sit up in your bed and turn it off, and then don't 'leap' up out of bed. Be calm and just sit upright in bed for a couple of minutes. If I don't do this i get really dizzy!

4. After you have got out of bed I find what wakes me up is going straight to the bathroom and cleansing your face. Even if your not too keen on a skincare routine you should use even one key product. At the moment I really like the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub, it is a great product to energize you and your skin and to wake you up in the morning.

5. Next if you haven't already, open your curtains! The natural light from outside will wake you up in an instance as it brightens up the whole room and also the natural light helps you when you apply your make up. If you live in a place where not all of the time there are sunbeams racing through your window it still helps.

6.  Now if you like tea (like me) you should have a hot cup of tea in the morning it helps wake you up because as the tea is hot it makes you feel more alert and less sleepy. If you are a true tea lover you should try the Twinning's 'Awake' tea. It's full of natural ingredient's that make you feel 10x more alert.

7. If you have a duty to either take you dog out in the morning or take the rubbish out to your bins the air outside helps you stay awake because instead of being 'warm' in your house the air and climate outside wakes you up. Even if you don't feel like it does, give it a couple of minutes and you will feel a difference.

8. If you followed my advice at the beginning you should have plenty of time spare because you woke up early. Don't rush around, sit down whether it be at you kitchen table or living room. Reward yourself, go and watch the T.V or check Twitter or Instagram. Because you have the time!

9. Have a balanced breakfast, what wakes me up in the morning is either my cup of tea and toast or a cup of orange juice and a slice of toast and some sort of fruit, it could be your favourite piece of fruit or some fruit salad because all of the fruit juices will wake you up, it could be the sweet, tangy-ness of the orange or the colour and variety of the fruit salad.

10. Get you bag, you coat and for me a travel mug of tea and get out of the door. You don't need to sprit down to school or work, you can take a slow walk because your not late. Well... Hopefully!

So there you have it, you shouldn't be late for a very long time! If you like my 10 Steps series I am open to any suggestions that you want me to focus on next time!

Thanks x

Bethany Howe x
    

No comments:

Post a Comment