Monday 2 June 2014

D.I.Y Monday: My Daily Breakfast

Ok, so I know it's not just me in the morning. I have to find a quick and simple breakfast that I can either prepare once I am ready or it slowly cooks when I am getting ready. Normally my breakfast contains some kind of cereal, porridge or some other combination of yogurt, granola and honey. But the one key recipe I have been following is porridge.

You will need the following: 
Porridge oats: Aprox 45g
100ml Semi Skimmed Milk
1/2 Banana
A Handful Of Dried Berries (Cranberries)
A Handful of Nuts (Cashews/peanuts)
A Drizzle of Honey

See! Not many ingredients at all!

Method: 
1. Turn on your hob to a medium/high heat and add in the milk once you have turned the hob on.
2. Wait two/three minutes until the milk is bubbling and then add in your oats. Turn your heat down slightly.
3. Stir your porridge so that the porridge doesn't burn, then add in your chopped half banana.
4. After two/three minutes your porridge should be combined.
5. When your porridge is in a bowl you can now add the dried berries and nuts. You can add anything you like to top your porridge, like fresh fruit, peanut butter and of course your honey!

Wasn't that simple?

I really hope you like this recipe. Why not try it out? I love this recipe because when I am revising or have a busy day ahead it slowly releases energy throughout the day! Perfect!

Thanks x

Bethany Howe x

No comments:

Post a Comment